Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Birthday to Meeeeeeee!

This blog posting stuff is new to me, and as you can see I am still trying to make it a habit. My birthday was Aug. 19 (Wednesday) I know, almost a month ago, but I might as well tell you about it anyway. I spent the day with Elyza and Cohen. Rebecca had to work, so they came over and I took them up to the pool for the afternoon. It was quite relaxing and not crowded at all. I thought I couldn't have found a better way to spend the day than with some of my grandkids. Along with my kids, they are the light of my life.

Laura, bless her heart, kept trying to get everyone together for some kind of birthday celebration so we ended up going to her house on Saturday for a nice lunch and good company. She is always such a gracious hostess. Who knew I had Martha Stewart genes in my blood. They skipped my generation landed in hers. Thanks Lar, you're the greatest!

2 comments:

  1. Heh heh, I don't know about Martha Stewart blood, I think it's just Grandma Dooley :) Anyway, I thought it was pretty good... thanks for telling me how to make the cake, and letting me use your pans... and teaching me how to cook... etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lala is a good hostess. I'd eat her cookies any day.

    ReplyDelete