Saturday, January 9, 2010

What's a Resolution?

Exactly. I've never been one for committing myself to something that I'm still afraid I can't accomplish. Until this year. Just before thanksgiving I started a new "diet", OK "lifestyle" that has boosted my courage in myself and my ability to lose weight. It seems like all my life I have been cursed by bad hair and bad metabolism. (thanks, pioneer ancestors!) My friend Penny put me onto a book called "Cracking the Fat loss Code", and we made a committment to each other to at least try it. What could we lose, except weight? heh, heh. Well, in 3 weeks I lost 13 lbs. Very encouraging for me. Then christmas hit, and some of that was wiped out. But I knew I could do it and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Of course, I have had some good support from home. Doug is even following the eating plan with me and he has dropped some weight too. Which made him feel a lot better about splurging at Christmas. So, now here I am, through with all the Christmas food and ready to get at it. I was feeling impatient all through the holidays hoping they would hurry up and be over because I really wanted to concentrate on good eating habits. That is really hard to do with fudge and caramel corn all over the place. After my first week I lost 4 1/2 lbs. woo hoo! I also joined Shawn's Biggest Loser contest for some added incentive. I renewed my gym membership and have a standing appointment with Penny every morning at 8:00 a.m. for a 2 mile walk. So, now I guess I can officially say "This year I want to loose weight".

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! I know, that pesky Christmas just takes it's time getting by doesn't it! Hee hee, I know what you mean, I'm excited too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can now comment on your blog. :)
    p.s. I love you

    ReplyDelete